Job: Library Assistant
Go back to All Jobs
- Library Assistant
- Number position available:
- $20.00 per hour
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Dean of the Academic Success Center, this position provides support to the Broward College North Campus faculty librarians and to the daily activities of the students and instructors in the Academic Success Center.
18 hours towards an ALA accredited Master’s or currently enrolled in a Master’s program is required.
Experience with reference and instruction services or working in an academic environment serving college students preferred.
Teaching experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to respond to patron needs and any situation that may arise
- Knowledge of MLA and APA style guides and citations and ability to offer tutoring for written assignments in the Writing Lab
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening assignments
- Ability to use proper etiquette and good judgment when situations escalate to higher management
- Contributes as a team member
- Frequently acts in a helping or assistant mode
- Ability to work with a diverse population of students, faculty and staff
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Broward College, North Campus
- Job Location:
- Southeast Florida
- Broward College/North Campus Regional Library
- Address 2:
- 1100 Coconut Creek Blvd
- Coconut Creek
- Institution Name :
- Broward College
- 6400 NW 6th Way
- Fort Lauderdale
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Zakiya Odoi
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, A COMPLETED ONLINE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM, ALONG WITH A RESUME, TRANSCRIPT ARE REQUIRED.