The main function of this position is to assist the Library Manager with daily operation of the Tampa General Hospital Medical Library by providing research and information services to meet the informational, educational, clinical/administrative and research related needs of the medical and hospital staff.
This positions requires a knowledge of multiple health science databases as the Medical Librarian provides comprehensive literature searches and article retrieval for all levels of hospital staff in a timely manner. Applicants should have knowledge of health professionals' unique information needs and practices, as well as an understanding and enthusiasm for clinical medicine and evidence based healthcare.
This position serves as one of the first points of contact for people using the library, either electronically or in person. The Medical Librarian is be expected to provide excellent customer service in a professional manner and serve as a model representative of Tampa General Hospital. Successful applicants will listen, have a strong commitment to client-focused service and put the needs of patients and customers first.
• MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution, or a Master’s or higher level degree in a health related field and actively pursuing a Master’s degree in Library/Information Science.
• Minimum one year professional experience conducting literature searching in health-related fields
|• Familiar with or ability to learn medical terminology and medical literature databases.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, required.
• Possess and maintain computer skills to include knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint and ability to learn other software as needed.
• Experience with Endnote Preferred
Physical address where the job position is located.
Apply online https://tgh.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=1800006L&tz=GMT-04%3A00