Adventist University of Health Sciences (ADU) is a Seventh-day Adventist institution specializing in healthcare education in a faith-affirming environment. Service-oriented and guided by the values of nurture, excellence, spirituality, and stewardship, the University seeks to develop leaders who will practice healthcare as a ministry.
The R. A. Williams Library is seeking a library paraprofessional who is desiring to work in a dynamic, creative team environment, values excellence, and is supportive of the mission of the university and Florida Hospital.
Library website: https://library.adu.edu/
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Demonstrates, through behaviors, harmony with “Our Vision” Nurture, Excellence, Spirituality and Stewardship
· Perform all library tasks related to library book and media acquisitions (about 20 hours/week)
· Supervises library marketing projects performed by library staff and student workers.
· Oversee all aspects of library marketing activities (including library social media), including planning, implementation, quality control, and assessment.
· Write library newsletter articles and a variety of business communications as needed.
· Assist Library Director in communications with sales representatives regarding library products and services.
· Coordinates special projects for the Director and library faculty.
· Access statistics and assist with departmental report writing for the Library Director.
· Write minutes for all departmental meetings and subcommittees.
· Oversee student workers with the inventory, ordering, and stocking of office supplies.
· Serve on university committees as assigned.
· Perform other library duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Effective proactive leadership and supervisory skills
· Excellent organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills
· Works effectively in a team environment
· Professional communication skills, including strong writing skills
· Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment and adapts easily to change
· Ability to gather and analyze data and write departmental reports
· Excellent attention to detail
· Proactive work ethic and ability to work independently
· Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associate’s degree
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
Physical address where the job position is located.
Please send resume and cover letter to Deanna Flores at email@example.com.