PRIMARY PURPOSE: Support the goal to acquire, preserve, and make available the institutional archival records according to prevailing professional standards, and subject to relevant policies and procedures. Responsible for prioritizing archives projects, processing archives collections and creating finding aids. Implement best archival practices with respect to the care and conservation of collections and associated collections data in all mediums. Respond to research queries and facilitate on-site research with use of archives materials. Provide University and community-wide reference service to archives materials as needed. Manage digital library initiatives, and establish policies, procedures, and workflow for the digital library. Provide expertise in creating, managing, describing and preserving digital collections. Oversee the implementation of the content management system, digitization processes and metadata creation. Maintain the digital library website.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge and understanding of library principles, practices and techniques.
2. Current computer skills, including online searching.
3. Ability to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
4. Evidence of planning, organizational, and analytical skills.
5. Evidence of ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
6. Ability to lift items up to 25 pounds.
7. May be expected to assume responsibility for supervision of volunteers and/or student assistants.
Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school.
Physical address where the job position is located.
MUST APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.NSUJOBS.COM