Job: Librarian- Young Adult/Youth Services
Go back to All Jobs
- Librarian- Young Adult/Youth Services
- Number position available:
- $39,863.77 - $70,758.19 Annually
- Job Category:
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
This position is responsible for professional library duties, including work with teens, children, and adults as part of a team of staff and volunteers who deliver quality customer service at a busy regional library.
- Plan and present programming for teens, children, and families at the library and at outreach locations, reference and reader's advisory for patrons of all ages.
- Maintain a regular schedule of collection maintenance for teens and children in cooperation with branch development staff, computer/technology assistance.
- Presents tours and/or programs for school and community groups visiting the library and assists with displays of library materials.
- Supervision and training of staff and/or volunteers, branch supervision in the absence of the branch manager.
- May participate in branch specific and system wide committees.
- Requires any combination of education and/or experience equivalent to: Master's Degree in Library Science from a graduate library school program accredited by the American Library Association and one (1) year of experience in a library or closely related field.
- Possession of a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record is required.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- A strong customer service background is preferred.
- Two (2) years related library experience is preferred.
- Experience and/or education related to teen and children's literature and programming is preferred.
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, and relate positively to a diverse population.
- Ability to plan and implement successful programs for teens and children in cooperation with other libraries and community organizations.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Knowledge of current professional public library principles, methods, and practices; relevant computer applications; literature for various ages and interests; and have the ability to supervise and direct the work of others.
- This position is 80 hours biweekly. Work days are Monday through Saturday including evenings and some Sundays.
- The County may require employees to make either a temporary or long-term, permanent transfer to another Library location to accommodate the organization's business needs.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Cape Coral Lee County Public Library
- Job Location:
- Southwest Florida
- 921 SW 39th Terrace
- Cape Coral
- Institution Name :
- Lee County Library System
- 2345 Union Street
- Fort Myers
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Brenda Skiba
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Lee County is an Equal Opportunity and At-Will Employer. Veteran's Preference may apply. Apply at http://www.lee-County.com or Lee County Human Resources, 2115 Second Street, First Floor, Ft. Myers, FL 33901