LS&S has an opening for a Library Director at the Millington Public Library in Millington, Tennessee. Millington is a small city of 10,000, just 20 minutes north of downtown Memphis, a metropolitan area offering sports, entertainment, museums, and world-famous Memphis barbecue. Officially designated "Flag City, Tennessee" by the state legislature, Millington hosts a Flag Day Celebration each June, International Goat Days in September, and a Christmas parade in early December. Millington is home to Naval Support Activity Mid-South. More than 7,500 military, civilian, and contract personnel are assigned to or work on base.
The Millington Public Library is a 10,000 square foot facility with a wide selection of popular books, movies, and access to digital media. It is open six days a week, and has a staff of 4.75 FTE. The city-appointed library board oversees the activities of the library. The Millington Public Library is a part of the Wolf River Library Consortium (WRLC), which includes the Germantown Community Library and the Sam T. Wilson Public Library in Arlington.
The Library Director supports the LS&S mission, vision, and values through exceptional leadership and dedicated customer focus. The Library Director is responsible for ensuring contract requirements are met in a single location library system. The Director will lead a team of library staff members who are committed to creating a thriving library in the heart of their community. The Library Director will be responsible for building a strong partnership with their local official(s) and managing the customer relationship.
• Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge to promote the culture, values and mission of LS&S and creates thriving libraries in the heart of our communities
• Evaluate library environments and key operational indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement
• Coaches library staff to help achieve operational goals
• Monitors and manages staffing levels; Seeks Regional Director input / Keeps Regional Director informed
• Develops the library team to deliver excellent customer service and patron experiences
• Evaluates and supports the performance of library staff
• Implements action plans that meet operational and organizational objectives
• Keeps current with library trends, issues and technology as well as political, economic and demographics issues that may affect library services and advanced programming
• Plans and executes local, regional and company initiatives to achieve both operational excellence and business results; follows up consistently to ensure accountability to plans
• Utilizes existing tools and best practices to ensure effective library operations
• Utilizes and helps Library staff utilize management information tools and analyzes financial reports and other library related data (usage, demographics, trends, etc.) to identify and address library system trends and issues
• Oversee the selection, acquisition and processing of library materials to meet public needs within the structure of library selection policies and budgetary limitations
• Responsible for the local management of the customer relationship (city/county officials, governing boards, library boards)
• Regularly solicits client, other stakeholder and patron feedback to understand client needs and the needs of the local community
• Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations
• Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices
• Know, understand and administer the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library. In addition to these freedoms, support client discretion of materials available at your local library/libraries
• Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records
• MLS or equivalent required
• Three years of supervisory experience preferred
• Three years of progressively responsible library managerial experience and/or administrative functions of a library, or equivalent knowledge preferred
• Experience analyzing and applying financial reports and library related data (usage, demographics, trends, etc.)
• Basic knowledge of programming and financial management
• Experience in a role that requires frequent interaction with patrons, fulfilling the requests of patrons and responsibility for addressing patron issues, questions and suggestions
Physical address where the job position is located.
Link to apply: https://careers-lssi.icims.com/jobs/2376/library-director-1/job