Job: Library Associate- Bookmobile
Go back to All Jobs
- Library Associate- Bookmobile
- Number position available:
- $16.19 - $28.78 Hourly
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
This position is part of a team who delivers library service to children and adults through the day-to-day operations of a bookmobile.
Responsibilities include assisting children and adults in using bookmobile services, planning and implementing activities at bookmobile stops, selecting and managing materials in multiple formats for all ages, working with community partners and organizations, coordinating staff activities.
- Requires any combination of education and/or experience equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree preferably with major course work in library science, English, education, communications, or related field and one year experience in a library, customer service or a closely related field.
- Possession of a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record is required.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to bend, stretch, sit, climb steps, kneel, stand for long periods.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to relate positively to a diverse population, especially children and speakers of languages other than English.
- Work hours and days are 80 hours bi-weekly and work schedule varies to include required evening hours and some Saturdays and Sundays for special events.
- May be required to work at a busy regional library as needed.
- Education or experience working with children or teens is preferred.
- The ability to speak Spanish is also a plus in serving our diverse patrons.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- South County Regional Library
- Job Location:
- Southwest Florida
- 21100 Three Oaks Parkway
- Fort Myers
- Institution Name :
- Lee County Library System
- 2345 Union Street
- Fort Myers
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Brenda Skiba
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Lee County is an Equal Opportunity and At-Will Employer, Veteran's Preference may apply. Apply at http://www.lee-county.com; Lee County Human Resources, 2115 Second Street, First Floor, Fort Myers, FL 33902