Job: Librarian, Senior - Head of Reference
Go back to All Jobs
- Librarian, Senior - Head of Reference
- Number position available:
- $19.40 - $35.12 Hourly
- Job Category:
- Reference & Public Services
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
This position is responsible for managing reference and related customer services at the Fort Myers Regional Library and backing up the Principal Librarian in the management of all operations at the regional library.
Examples of Essential Duties:
- Supervise reference staff.
- Coordinate workflow of effective service delivery.
- Provide reference and reader's advisory service to the public.
- Provide computer/technology assistance.
- Direct the scheduling and development of adult programming.
- Coordinate branch adult collection maintenance.
- Supervise branch operations in the absence of the branch manager.
- Participate in library system committees and initiatives, as assigned.
- Be knowledgeable of Friends of the FMRL activities within the library.
- Requires any combination of education and/or experience equivalent to a Master's degree in Library Science from a graduate library school program accredited by the American Library Association and two years of progressively responsible experience as a professional librarian in a public library system, a department and/or a division of a main library.
- Possession of a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record is required.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- A strong customer service commitment is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of current professional public library principles, methods and practices, relevant computer applications, literature for various ages and have the ability to supervise and direct work of others.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, and relate positively to a diverse population.
- The County may require employees to make a temporary, or long-term, permanent transfer to another library location to accommodate the organization's business needs.
- This position is 80 hours bi-weekly; days and hours vary to include evenings, Saturdays and some Sundays.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Fort Myers-Lee County Public Library
- Job Location:
- Southwest Florida
- 2450 First Street
- Fort Myers
- Institution Name :
- Lee County Library System
- 2345 Union Street
- Fort Myers
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Brenda Skiba
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Lee County is an equal opportunity and at-will employer, Veteran's Preference may apply. Apply at http://www.leegov.com/hr/jobsearch; Lee County Human Resources, 2115 Second Street, First Floor, Fort Myers, FL 33902.