This position implements and maintains annual communications and social media plans. It assists with preparation, formatting and distribution of various marketing documents/publications; and creates, maintains and updates databases for various mailing lists. The Manager of Communications assists registrants in all aspects of attending SEFLIN planned events; including but not limited to registration, login, certificates and downloads of recorded events. This position supports all SEFLIN staff in the preparation, organization and distribution of training and meeting materials.
This position assists with grant applications and reports pertaining to SEFLIN technology-based services; and manages the office computing, network, and web services.
Manages and implements annual communications, marketing & social media plans.
• Implement annual communications, marketing & social media plan
• Assist with communications to and with member libraries, SEFLIN committees, and SEFLIN partners
• Develop & manage production procedures and scheduling for SEFLIN publications and social media
• Develop concepts and write copy for publications of all kinds. Complete simple layouts.
• Promote SEFLIN’s services and resources through a variety of traditional, online and social media
• Collect news and items for SEFLIN’s website and social media pages
• Write and distribute marketing and advocacy messages on behalf of SEFLIN
• Maintain SEFLIN Meeting Room Event Display
Manages, and implements SEFLIN’s registration services for library staff continuing education and meetings.
• Assist participants by providing registration assistance or attendance information
• Manage the collection, promotion, and use of self-paced learning
• Support SEFLIN member services as assigned
Manages office computing and network and web services
• Serve as liaison with SEFLIN’s network and IT contractors and vendors
• Facilitate office technology maintenance and upgrades
• Maintain and manages updates to SEFLIN’s Web sites
Perform all other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2 years of experience in social media and marketing
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
• Demonstrated skills for innovative thinking and creativity in planning, implementing, and evaluating services is required
• Demonstrated excellence in office productivity computer skills including intermediate level proficiencies in Microsoft Office applications is required
• Experience in using graphic design with Adobe Photoshop, Connect, Captivate, etc. for using graphic design and establishing organizational identity is preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of current trends in social media is preferred
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written, and oral skills is required
Physical address where the job position is located.
Please send your resume, a cover letter, and contact information for three professional references to