Primary Purpose: Leads the effort to ensure that library web services support the curriculum and enhance life-long learning and research. Works collaboratively to create a website design that is responsive to the mission of the NSU Libraries and serves as a critical tool for research, instruction, and information literacy.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide vision and leadership in organizing and maintaining the Alvin Sherman Library web site and integrating it with the larger library web presence, which includes subject guides, search and discovery tools, digital collections, and electronic resources.
2. Ensure that library web services and applications are tailored for targeted user groups, including distance education users, campus-based users, Broward County patrons, and library staff.
3. Evaluate site analytics and provide reports to departments; analyze reports with departments to make sure important pages are receiving enough traffic; suggest changes to improve visibility of targeted pages or restructuring for better clarity.
4. As a member of the Library Web Team, supports online discovery of library resources via the integrated library system (ILS) and associated products. Activities may include service configurations, integrations, upgrades, enhancements or other fixes; day to day management, maintenance, troubleshooting and user support. Particular attention is paid to discovery environment with a focus on interface usability and accessibility.
5. Acts as a liaison between OIIT other stakeholders (e.g. librarians, library staff, faculty, etc.). Provides education about library resources and services to outside departments.
6. Provide advice, training, and support for library staff involved in web content creation. Establish and enforce web standards and styles; ensuring conformance to accessibility guidelines. Create and maintain technical documentation as needed.
1. Masters of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school or foreign equivalent.
2. Experience in web design that demonstrates compliance with W3C standards for functionality and accessibility.
3. Experience working independently on multiple complex projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Familiarity with current and emerging library technologies including resolvers, OPACs, federated search, and discovery tools.
3. Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
4. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of library principles, practices and techniques.
5. Demonstrated ability to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
6. Demonstrated organization and problem solving skills.
7. Ability to work both independently without direct supervision as well as in a team environment.
8. Considerable knowledge of general community needs and interests in relation to library services in the areas of specialization.
9. Demonstrated knowledge of resources and delivery of services.
10. Showing potential leadership ability by successful participation in small teams, committees, or projects.
11. Evidence of creative contributions and accomplishments to the department and to the NSU Libraries.
12. Evidence of cross-departmental collaboration.
13. Evidence of professional and educational development through ongoing continuing education leading to a specialization in a work related field.
14. Evidence of professional growth, including participation and contributions to the profession. This can include service on library committees; service for professional organizations at a local, regional or national level; presentations given on and off campus; published articles and research.
Physical address where the job position is located.
MUST APPLY ONLINE: POSITION 996175: www.nsujobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=81144