Southern Technical College is now accepting resumes for Librarian positions for a private college in Mt Dora and Sanford, FL.
We help students achieve their educational and career goals! Our vision is for students to “Get In, Get Out, and Get Ahead!”
Southern Technical College offers Diplomas, Associate’s and Bachelor degrees and specializes in allied health, business and applied technology programs. The college is licensed by the state of Florida, approved by the Department of Education, and accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
The Librarian is responsible for all Library/Learning Resource Center operations. The Librarian supervises personnel directly involved with the center and ensures that the Library remains an integral part of the school. The Librarian is directly accountable to the Executive Director of Campus
The Librarian’s responsibilities will include:
1. Managing the libraries at 2 campuses.
2. Train students in bibliographic instruction, and assist in the process of research.
3. Develop the College’s collection by implanting a system to identify potential book purchases.
4. Prepare detailed purchase orders.
5. Encourage and assist faculty to participate in identification of LRC and instructional materials for increased institutional effectiveness.
6. Participate in curriculum development; institutional effectiveness and self study processes.
7. Maintain and manage audio-visual and multimedia equipment.
8. Read and become familiar with the faculty handbook.
9. Support the faculty by assisting them in obtaining instructional materials, review texts. Maintain these items for check out by the faculty and staff.
10. Maintain a catalog of resources for books, CDs, videos, records and tapes.
11. Mark/stamp books with Library of Congress identification
12. Check out books to students and maintain a record of usage.
The successful candidate will have:
1. Minimum Bachelor of Library Science or equivalent.
2. Experience in cataloging.
3. Ability to work with limited supervision.
4. Computer literacy.
5. Flexible schedule. Some morning and evening hours necessary to provide service to all students.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Submit resume to David Brame, Director of Education at DBrame@southerntech.edu
No phone calls please.