The Florida Institute of Technology seeks a highly-motivated and creative individual to join the Evans Library as Instruction Librarian. This is a full-time faculty position reporting to the Assistant Dean for Scholarly Content and Faculty Engagement.
The Instruction Librarian will join a team of librarians to provide information literacy instruction for Florida Tech students, faculty, and staff, including needs assessment, design, and facilitation of instructional materials and sessions both in-person and online. The Instruction Librarian will coordinate first-year-student instruction with the First Year Experience program and required undergraduate writing and communication courses.
· Instruct one or more sections of Research Sources and Systems, a one-credit information literacy course
· Design a variety of face-to-face and online instructional materials using current tools and considering trends in information literacy instruction
· Work with other instructional faculty to assess instructional programs
· Serve as liaison to one or more university departments, providing library instruction for students, designing learning objects, developing discipline-specific resource guides, and assisting faculty and students with all phases of research
· Oversee library resources and services specific to their liaison assignment, including selection of resources and development of new services as required by evolving academic programs
· Provide proactive, user-centered reference assistance in-person and via email, online chat, and phone as a member of the reference team
· Manage social media accounts and positively promotes the library and its interests
· Serve on committees to ensure excellent information literacy & research practices university-wide
· Represent the library as needed at regional and national conferences and meetings
· Keep current with relevant research in areas of higher education library trends
· Master's degree in Library and Information Science from an accredited program
· Working knowledge of discovery tools, databases, and e-reference common to academic libraries
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and to collaborate effectively with staff at all levels and with people of diverse backgrounds
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong service orientation and interest in information users' values and needs
· Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects and establish priorities among competing demands and to adapt to changes in the work environment
· Experience providing instruction in an academic environment
Physical address where the job position is located.
Consideration of candidates will begin June 1, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
Ideally, candidates should be prepared to begin on August 14, 2017.
To apply for this position submit (1) a detailed cover letter addressing how your experience matches the qualifications, (2) a curriculum vitae, and (3) names and contact information, including email, mail, and phone number, of at least three references to:
Director, Enabling Infrastructure