The City is seeking a responsible person who has outstanding inter-personal skills, exceptional attention to detail, a “can-do” disposition, ability to positively project and interact with youth and adults, and who is willing go the extra mile to provide exceptional service to the public. Employees will work app. 27 hours per week, from 9 am/11 am to 6 pm/8 pm.
JOB CHARACTERISTICS – Under close supervision, performs entry-level library work. Although library procedures are well established and duties are performed under supervision, work must be done with some independence once experience is gained.
EXAMPLES OF MACHINES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED - Computer, printer, cash register, TTY phone, digital
projector, microfiche, general office equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS –
• Greeting patrons;
• Checking books in and out;
• Shelving books and library materials;
• Processing new and updated patron applications;
• Reviewing system database and adjusting patron and item status records to provide detailed information needed to identify, locate and reserve items and record fines and fees;
• Providing proper referrals for information;
• Answering telephones; screening calls and taking messages as necessary;
• Organizing data and performing system checks for mailing overdue notices to patrons;
• Assists the Youth Services Librarian with planning and conducting a variety of activities, and programs with youth;
• Greets and assists patrons in the youth services area;
• Maintains order, discipline and safety in assigned areas;
• Answers telephones, screens calls, and takes messages as necessary;
• Sets up and takes down materials and equipment needed for programs;
• With training, conducts story times and supervises attendees on an as-needed basis;
• Performs various clerical duties including typing, filing, record keeping, etc.;
• Performs other related duties as required.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS –
• Repairing and mending as necessary; straightening books and library materials and performing assigned housekeeping duties daily;
• Assists the City in the preparation for and aftermath of a major emergency such as a hurricane or other storm or disaster; other related duties as required.
Physical Demands - Work involves balanced combination of mobile and sedentary duties with sustained periods
of flexibility for standing and other physical activity. Requires bending and reaching, good finger/hand dexterity
and hand/eye coordination, good eyesight, hearing and speech.
Salary Range – $10.99 - $15.99/hr; Only applicants with the most job-related qualifications will be selected for interview and further consideration. Additional consideration may be given to applicants with more extensive education, training, or experience. Final candidates will be subject to skills testing, including spelling, math, grammar, Microsoft Word, customer service, and typing (minimum 45 CWPM). Final candidates may be required to pass a drug test and are offered a conditional offer of employment contingent upon satisfactory results of a thorough background check including criminal history, driver’s license check, & medical exam (if applicable).
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL CLOSED BY THE CITY
IMPORTANT: The City of Eustis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, examination, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action because of race, color, religion, sex, disability, marital status, age, national origin, citizenship, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. The City provides Veteran’s Preference per FS 295.07. When a preference-eligible applicant receives notice of a hiring decision and believes that he or she was not afforded employment preference in accordance with applicable Florida law and regulation, the applicant may file a written complaint requesting an investigation to the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Division of Benefits and Assistance, 9500 Bay Pines Blvd., Room 214, St. Petersburg, Florida 33708. Such complaint shall be filed within 60 calendar days from the date that the notice is received by the preference-eligible applicant pursuant to Sections 120.569 and 120.57, F.S. Applicants claiming Veteran’s Preference must complete a City of Eustis application identifying themselves as an eligible veteran and submit FDVA form VP-1, VP-2, or VP-3 along with documentation, as soon as possible (contact HR for forms). The City encourages applications from qualified individuals with disabilities and will make reasonable accommodation to the extent provided by law. If accommodation is needed for applicant testing, please inform the City, prior to the testing date.
Applications must be received or postmarked no later than 12:00 midnight on the closing date. The City may close positions that are posted with an “Open” closing date at any time, without prior notice. While we highly recommend that applicants use our online Job Application Builder, we also have printable applications available for download at www.eustis.org. Office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday. For more information, please visit Human Resources at www.eustis.org or call us at 352-483-5472. Under Fla. Law, all application materials are public record and subject to public scrutiny.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills –
Knowledge of business English, spelling and mathematics; basic computer literacy, basic digital camera use. Ability to work well with others and assist the public cooperatively and courteously; ability to learn the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of a public library; ability to pay attention to detail; ability to carry out assignments with minimum instructions: ability to properly maintain system records, ability to read and write English; ability to remain at a city work shelter, before, during and after a hurricane or other storm or disaster, if asked.
Skill to type at least 45 CWPM.
Minimum Qualifications - High School Diploma or recognized equivalent and a demonstrated ability to read and write
English; at least one (1) year clerical work experience; proven ability to meet the physical demands of youth activity
Physical address where the job position is located.
Please apply online at jobs.eustis.org.