Job: Library Information Support Specialist
Go back to All Jobs
- Library Information Support Specialist
- Number position available:
- $17.97 - $32.58 Hourly
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
This position is responsible for working with staff to develop useable content and supporting functionality for the library's staff and patrons on the public and internal websites. This position reports to the Digital Services Manager.
- Collaborate with technical teams to develop advanced functionality using available tools; develop web pages, train staff on technology, innovate content and processes, work on integrated marketing campaigns and help create a delightful user experience for intended audiences.
- Interface with staff and patrons to identify opportunities and pain points then working with admin staff to make system-wide improvements through good content and the appropriate communication technology.
- Provide technology assistance to staff including administering group or individual training on a variety of software applications that are involved in the operation of the library.
- Create, edit, update and remove many types of content using available tools. This includes forms, workflows, images, videos and databases.
- Other projects, tasks and duties as assigned.
- Requires any combination of education and/or experience equivalent to graduation from high school or GED and five years of experience in content management systems, web language/code such as; HTML and CSS, web publishing, social media management, digital marketing, and/or a closely related field.
- Advanced level of certification or college course work specific to job is preferred.
- Experience with web content management systems is preferred.
- Experience with building and implementing workflows is a plus.
- Experience working with different types of files and documents. (.docx, .xlsx, .pptx, .pdf, video files, image files, etc.) is preferred.
- Five years of experience working with websites in a professional setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of desktop and mobile website technologies.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, best practices and procedures within the website and communications fields of practice.
- Knowledge of Public Library Operations, HTML, and CSS is a plus.
- Ability to derive meaning from data through analytics.
- Ability to collaborate, take direction, give and receive feedback and communicate in an open, clear and positive manner to a diverse population.
- Ability to quickly learn software/apps like search, 3rd party tools.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Possession of a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record is required.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Lee County Library System Administration
- Job Location:
- Southwest Florida
- 2345 Union Street
- Fort Myers
- Institution Name :
- Lee County Library System
- 2345 Union Street
- Fort Myers
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Brenda Skiba
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Lee County is an equal opportunity and at-will employer, Veteran's Preference may apply. Apply at http://www.leegov.com; Lee County Human Resources, 2115 Second Street, First Floor, Fort Myers, FL 33902