The Part-time Circulation Assistant/Evening Supervisor acts as both front desk attendant and as the supervisor to student Library employees in order to maintain a positive customer service experience for all Library patrons.
Immediate Supervisor (Title): Circulation Supervisor
·Supervise the Library’s Circulation Desk during evening and weekend hours. Needed hours cover Wednesday and Thursday evenings 5 to midnight, Saturday 10am to 5pm, and Sunday 10 am to 3 pm. Reduced hours occur during intersessions in the academic calendar, including the summer months.
·Participate in the training and supervision of the Library’s student work scholars, ensuring that their duties are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
·Maintain proficiency with the Library’s computerized circulation system (ExLibris’ Voyager platform).
·Ensure compliance with Circulation Department policies and procedures.
·Provide access to Library materials including overseeing loans to Library users. This includes reserves, A/V materials, DVDs and VHS tapes, thesis collection, interlibrary loan items, etc.
· Operate various computers, scanners, copiers and printers, and be able to handle minor trouble shooting and maintenance tasks (i.e., loading paper and toner, clearing minor paper jams, loading microfilm, equipment restarts, etc.)
·Perform Library opening procedures: unlock doors, turn on lights, check and answer voicemails, complete patron logs, check book drops and activate equipment.
· Supervise/perform Library closing procedures: ensure all patrons have vacated the building, lock doors, pick up stray library materials and return them to the Circulation area, dispose of trash, push in chairs, complete patron logs, etc.
·Provide exemplary customer service to the patrons of the Eckerd College Library. Answer telephone, email, and in-person inquiries promptly.
·Provide general directional information, as well as circulation-related information, in a timely fashion to assist both Library patrons and general campus visitors. Maintain knowledge of the reference process and refer advanced information queries to the librarian on duty.
·Maintain interdepartmental relationships to ensure uninterrupted provision of Library services by completing communication logs, maintenance requests, and incident reports.
·Assist Circulation Supervisor with various circulation projects, including the maintenance of patron records, processing course reserve materials, improving the Library work scholar program and other projects as assigned.
·Assist with processing Interlibrary Loan requests as needed.
•Report/escalate issues through the appropriate channels in a timely manner.
Other duties as assigned.
·High School diploma required; college course work desired.
· Customer service skills including greeting library patrons, answering phones, and ensuring access to library materials.
· Supervisory experience including managing, training, and mentoring employees. Experience working with student employees desired.
· Sound independent judgment to apply library policy to solve patron and student employee issues and the ability to explain and implement policies and procedures.
. ·Advanced communication skills to ensure open communication between daytime and evening staff, as well as other departments within the college and the library.
· Commitment to a team philosophy in regard to departmental management
·Microsoft Office and Google Docs proficiency.
·The ability to troubleshoot technical issues relating to copiers, printers, scanners, microfilm machines and personal computers (Windows and Macs).
Physical address where the job position is located.
Apply via Eckerd College's Hirecentric Site: