The Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library is a city-county library system of 28 locations – supported by a dedicated taxing district – in an economic and population growth area of west-central Florida. The Manager of Library Development coordinates the library’s human resources & training, marketing & public relations, community engagement, and the key partnerships with the Friends of the Library and the Hillsborough Literacy Council. This leadership position requires regular contact with internal and external persons of importance and influence, the ability to conduct long-range and strategic planning, and the advanced analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills to work in a non-standard environment with widely varied, complex and diverse issues.
The Manager of Library Development:
· Serves as library’s liaison to the Friends of the Library and Hillsborough Literacy Council.
· Develops and fosters positive relations with governmental, community and civic organizations.
· Explores additional sources of revenue through grants and fundraising.
· Advises, consults, and provides information to the Library Director, Library Administration and the Public Library Board on organizational excellence through customer service and staff training.
· Serves as liaison to various county departments, including: Communications, Human Resources, Strategic Planning & Grants Management, etc.
· Coordinates library personnel activities, volunteers, training and professional development.
Link to Library description: http://hcplc.org/hcplc/AboutUs.pdf
The ideal candidate will possess a Masters of Library Science (MLS) degree from an ALA accredited program with 5-7 years progressively responsible experience with at least 2 years as a Principal Librarian/Librarian III, Administrator or equivalent. They will have strong customer service skills, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and significant experience in public relations, community engagement. The ideal candidate will be experienced in building partnerships, strong formal and informal networks, and work collaboratively with others. The ideal candidate will have knowledge in coordinating library personnel activities, developing talent and be able to drive the vision and purpose of the organization.
· Master’s degree in Library Science, Public Administration, Public Relations, Human Resources Management or similar;
· or Bachelor’s degree and significant experience in public relations, community engagement, human resources or similar; and
· 5-7 years progressively responsible experience with at least two as Principal Librarian/
Librarian III, Administrator or an equivalent position; and
· Possession of a valid Driver’s License
Physical address where the job position is located.