The Hialeah Public Libraries (HPL) proudly serve more than 224,000 residents of the City of Hialeah, a major city within the South Florida metropolitan area and the sixth largest in the State of Florida, providing a wide array of services, programs and resources through our main library and five small branches. The libraries have a strong community focus, a variety of programming, and a broad selection of relevant materials in multiple formats. HPL patrons have access to a collection of more than 150,000 books and audiovisual materials, over 190 public computers, and free Wi-Fi connections at each facility.
The City of Hialeah has one of the largest Spanish-speaking communities in the country. As of the 2000 Census, 94.7% of Hialeah residents are Hispanic or Latino and 91.9 % speak Spanish as their primary language at home. In order to support the Library's mission and meet the needs of our community, the collections, programs and services are tailored to serve this community. The Library offers bilingual programs for all ages and comprehensive collections in English and Spanish.
HPL is seeking candidates for the position of Library Services Supervisor. Candidates must be able to apply professional library principles and practices to various areas of library operations. Under the direction of the Library Director, performs advanced professional and supervisory work in planning, implementing and administering Library policies, services and programs. Supervises professional, para-professional, technical and clerical staff.
Examples of duties and responsibilities:
· Coordinates staff professional development, including mentoring and training librarians in providing high-quality reference and information services to the public.
· Sets public service goals and objectives.
· Provides leadership in all reference services planning and training.
· Supervises lowe level librarians responsible for Circulation, Technical Services, Reference and Youth Services.
· Plans and administers Library programs and projects on various topics or for special age groups. Tasks include: planning and executing programs, collaborating with Library staff, developing community contacts for program success, and evaluating programs to meet community needs.
· Plans and administers outreach activities to inform residents and community groups about Library resources and services.
· Responsible for Friends of the Library group development.
· Assists Library Director with media contacts and publicity about Library Division.
· Plans, assigns, and reviews the work of professional, paraprofessional, clerical and technical employees, and volunteer workers engaged in a variety of Library activities.
· Makes recommendations regarding hiring, discipline and promotion of subordinates; authorizes leave and overtime; evaluates and rates employee performance.
· Exercises leadership in Library Division planning and committees.
· Assists with Budgeting and Grant writing.
· Responsible for all Library operations in Library Director’s absence.
· Ensures an excellent level of customer service in the Library Division and resolves patron concerns regarding Library or City policies or procedures.
· Also assists the public at the Reference desk, analyzes collection development needs, and assists with the selection and de-selection of materials.
· Performs related work as required.
The City of Hialeah is an equal opportunity employer and offers health, dental, vision and disability insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, among other fringe benefits.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Please email resume to email@example.com