Assists in the planning, coordinating, promoting, and development of web instruction resources and tutorials. This job requires regular travel to sites to deliver instruction training, particularly during weekends and evenings.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Tracks and updates the online instructional modules and resources used to support the instructional library services provided by the Alvin Sherman Library.
2. Conducts seminars and library instruction for faculty, staff, and students and promote the effective use of the university library system.
3. Develops new online tutorials for use in instructing faculty, staff, and students.
4. Provides face-to-face, phone, email, and digital reference services.
5. Travels on a regular basis to NSU sites in Florida,throughout the United States, and to international sites as assigned.
6. Collaborates with faculty in the various NSU programs and centers supported by the Alvin Sherman Library.
7. Assists with collection development as assigned.
8. Markets library instruction services to the NSU faculty, students, and staff.
9. Cooperates with local constituents to maximize library and information resources to Nova Southeastern University students and faculty.
10. Maintains a proactive approach to emerging distance education initiatives and new technologies.
11. May be expected to assume responsibility for supervision of volunteers and/or student employees.
Master's Degree from an ALA accredited program.
1. Experience with the development of online instructional materials.
2. Experience with distance library services.
3. Instructional experience.
4. Demonstrated experience in developing instructional materials in a variety of formats.
5. Professional of paraprofessional experience providing public service in some type of library setting.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge and understanding of library principles, practices and techniques.
2. Current computer skills, including online searching.
3. Ability to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
4. Evidence of planning, organizational, and analytical skills.
5. Evidence of familiarity with reference resources appropriate for use at the reference desk when helping the NSU community and Broward County patrons.
6. Evidence of ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
7. Ability to travel on a regular basis.
8. Must provide own transportation to sites in tri-county area.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Apply online only at http://www.nsujobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=80765