Under the supervision of the Library Administrator, performs a wide array of library functions to managing all subscriptions including but not limited print subscriptions, database subscriptions, and e-serials subscriptions. The Subscription Coordinator also provides copy cataloging for donations as well as their physical processing. He/she works with the System Coordinator and the Metadata Librarian to ensure access to all of these products and maintains records of their usage. Provides public service as well as, being a liaison to assigned committees and schools.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
a. Works collaboratively with library administrators, faculty, and staff on maintaining and all Library subscriptions.
b. Provides copy cataloging of all subscriptions and book donations including the psychical processing and billing.
c. Oversees the binding of all print serials .
d. Responsible for the day to day functionality serials and databases, including updating URLs for serials and database subscriptions on University Library website.
e. Provides assistance in the Learning Lab, Circulation Desk, and Collaboration Commons desk as needed.
f. Meeting with sales representatives and serves as primary contact person for all library subscriptions.
2. Other Duties:
a. Serves on University Committees and plans library programming as requested.
b. Supporting the library’s website with design and content and updates.
c. Supervise assigned work study students.
d. Provides public service and assistance to the University community on the use of library services.
e. Other duties as requested
a. Network with teaching and research faculty in assigned programs and schools to promote library programming and resources
b. Contribute leadership for collection development and weeding for assigned programs and schools .
c. Network, collaborating, and actively participating in local, regional, national, or international organizations regarding information and reference service, information literacy and instruction, collection development, and/or assigned subjects and disciplines.
d. Serve on/participate in University organizations, committees, task forces, and teams as appropriate.
e. Communicate effectively with faculty, students, staff and administrators.
f. Participate as a departmental liaison for faculty and students in designated subjects
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Experience and Training:
a. Required: combination of experience and education, e.g. B.A. and two years related work experience and/ or an equivalent combination of experience and education
b. Required: experience using office software applications: Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
2. Preferred experience in an integrated online cloud-based ILS system including knowledge base and serials applications
3. Preferred: Supervisory experience; familiarity with the arrangement of library collections; experience using an automated library management system; experience with website design; experience with working in a service setting
4. Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to work with others on collaborative projects and to improve library workflow
2. Ability to copy catalog with 97% or higher accuracy rate
3. Ability to create LHR with 97% or higher accuracy rate
4. Ability to use proxy servers and manage online subscriptions
5. High level of knowledge in technical and library software systems
6. Excellent organizational skills
7. Strong service orientation
8. Ability to handle stressful situations and solve problems
9. Attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks
10. Good oral and written communication skills
11. Accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to follow detailed procedures consistently
12. Ability to understand, interpret and apply principles and guidelines independently
13. Job requires mobility, may require lifting/pushing/pulling of heavy materials
14. Positions requires the ability to work at least one night a week and may require ability to work on weekends as part of staff rotation.
IV. SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
This position reports directly to the Library Administrator / Interim Library Director.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Send resume, cover letter and references to Isabel Medina at email@example.com