José María Vargas University is seeking a Librarian to manage the University Library and to assist students in research and writing. The Librarian will serve as Library Director, responsible for the budget, collections management, databases management, and maintaining all Library manuals and policies and procedures. In addition, the Librarian will update and maintain all online resources, provide reference and research assistance to students and faculty, and assist student with writing papers (the university uses APA style). Every semester the Librarian teaches as part of the new student orientation in addition to teaching workshops as required on APA style, writing skills, Microsoft Word, etc.
Note: The position requires working four or five evenings a week and alternating Saturdays. The schedule requires the Librarian to stay until the University closes at 10:00pm two evenings and the others require the Librarian to leave at 7:00pm.
This is a full-time, 12-month position. The anticipated start date is June 2016. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled.
José María Vargas University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• ALA-accredited graduate degree in Library/Information Science.
• At least two years of Library experience, preferable an Academic Library.
• Enthusiasm and interest in teaching and helping students to reach their potential.
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with faculty, staff, and students in a culturally diverse environment.
• Ability to work both independently and in coordination with faculty and students.
• Ability and desire to promote Library services and collections.
• Knowledge of current practices and trends in Academic Libraries, teaching adult learners, and bilingual education.
• Working knowledge or hands-on experience with Library Management Systems.
• General understanding of cataloging and metadata.
• General understanding of intellectual property and copyright issues.
• Reference experience in an academic, public, or corporate library.
• Teaching experience in an academic environment.
• Collection development experience.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Please email Lelis Ortiz, Director of Admissions, at email@example.com. Attach a copy of your resume to the email. There is no need to attach a cover letter; you can consider the email text a cover letter. An official application will be filled out upon visiting the University for an initial interview.